Through a portal to the south of the main entrance to the Mosque of Ibn Tulun, this museum got its current name from John Gayer Anderson, a British pioneer and army doctor who restored two sixteenth-century houses between 1935 and 1942, filled with fine artifacts, artwork and handles acquired on his travels. In the area. The house was used as a location in the James Bond movie.
Upon his death in 1945, Gayer Anderson left much to Egypt. The puzzle of the rooms is decorated in various shapes: the Persian room contains exquisite tiles, the Damascus room contains varnish and gold, and the Queen Anne's room also displays ornate furniture and a silver tea set. The enchanting Mashrabiya Gallery overlooks a magnificent reception hall, with a marble fountain, decorative ceiling beams and carpets. The rooftop terrace has been renovated with a more sophisticated mashrabiya.