Before the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the city of Ras Ghareb, north of the Red Sea, owned an archaeological tower constructed by the famous French engineer Gustave Eiffel.
The lighthouse in the Al-Sakkala region is located on the coast of the city of Ras Gharib. The lighthouse of Ras Gharib is one of the oldest lighthouses in the world, which was established in 1871, during the era of Khedive Ismail, while the construction of the Eiffel Tower began in 1887.
The lighthouse was established after the opening of the "Suez Canal". The lighthouse is located on a circle 28.213 degrees north, and longitude 33.68 east. Its purpose was to guide ships, secure marine navigation, and drive ships away from the coral reef areas.